[GNSO-RPM-WG] URS levels of support for public comments

Nahitchevansky, Georges ghn at kilpatricktownsend.com
Sat Oct 20 09:26:03 UTC 2018

Surprising to me that after two plus years we are still in what appears to be the same place.  If every proposal moves forward at this point, then we really have not done a very good job as a group.  All of the points in these proposals were raised in various ways over two years ago.  We have had endless discussions on these items and even had subgroups look at various issues over many months and make recommendations.  From what I can tell that work was more or less ignored and swept aside and all of the stuff from two years ago is now back on the table -- including the issue as to whether the URS is fit for its purpose.  Honestly, this seems like a giant waste of two years if we just rubber stamp the same general proposals that existed for over two years.  We should have just submitted all the proposals and points from two years ago for public comment and saved everyone a bunch of time over the course of two plus years (of course there are some that might not have wanted the extra time and enjoyed dragging this out).  All of this does not speak well for our working group and highlights an apparent disfunctionality in the process.  I am sorry that I being harsh in this assessment, but honestly after all this time we should be able to cull down the list of proposals to something short and manageable.