[gnso-rpm-wg] URS / UDRP proposals -- data on registrar/registry compliance costs

Jonathan Frost jonathan at get.club
Thu Sep 6 18:02:36 UTC 2018

Your point about the 10 year max is well taken, Maxim.  I would venture a
guess that most domains that are the subject of abuse are not registered
for long periods though.

I would be concerned about the operational overhead of removing locks from
the domains on a specific date.  While you're right that a lock (or any
requirement whatever) can be overridden by the order of a court of
competent jurisdiction, I think that building in specific dates in the
distant future where a lock should be removed could increase operational
overhead.

Jonathan