[gnso-rpm-wg] URS / UDRP proposals -- data on registrar/registry compliance costs

Jonathan Frost jonathan at get.club
Wed Sep 12 02:07:55 UTC 2018

I think that ICANN mandated arbitrators handing out dozens and dozens of
monetary awards against registrants who may  not even know that they were
the subject of a UDRP would be outside of ICANN's remit.   The enforcement
of these awards would fall to local courts (which would cause a huge
chilling effect on registrations in general).  This chilling effect may
benefit some commercial interests, but i don't know how it creates a more
stable or secure Internet.