[GNSO-RPM-WG] Proposed Process for TMCH Sunrise & Trademark Claims Sub Teams

Michael Karanicolas mkaranicolas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:29:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thanks very much for sending along. I have a small question with regard to
the "Tasks" section, which begins with the line: "To analyze the results of
the Sunrise and Trademark Claims surveys as well as the previously
collected data...".

Could I request some clarification of the meaning of "the previously
collected data"? Am I to take that to mean that it would include
journalistic or academic articles which demonstrate issues with the system,
for example by pointing to examples of generic words being included in the
TMCH, or that these data sources would be specifically excluded? If these
are excluded, and we are limited to just looking at the survey, I think
that's problematic, but would be happy to hear that's not the intent of the
phrasing.

Best wishes,

Michael Karanicolas