[GNSO-RPM-WG] Next Steps re: URS Individual Proposals and Upcoming Meetings

Tushnet, Rebecca rtushnet at law.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 15 22:48:52 UTC 2019

I am struggling to see why we should reopen the process for WG recommendations. If we did, I would think it would be a fair complaint that nothing is ever truly settled if some group doesn’t like the results. Why shouldn’t we also go through all the other subgroup individual proposals to see if they too have gained support in the meantime since they were accepted as individual proposals but not as WG proposals?

The relevant scenario for possible adoption by the WG is, I think, after we get feedback. That’s why the other individual proposals are going out, right? The theory is that they might get enough support/evidence in feedback. So too here. Or there’s no point to publishing individual proposals at all, is there?

Rebecca Tushnet
Frank Stanton Professor of First Amendment Law, Harvard Law School

Sent from my phone. Apologies for terseness/typos.