[GNSO-RPM-WG] FW: New Q15 Proposal re: Actions & Notes: RPM PDP WG Meeting 16 October 2019

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 23:42:43 UTC 2019

Cyntia,

One practical way of getting this information may be to create a
voluntary Opt-in option for brand owners, and then look at the level of
adoption over time, e.g. how many brand owners choose to opt-in or keep it
private.

Some may prefer to have the information public to act as a deterrent of
sorts. And for brand owners who want to have that option, I think it should
be available to them. I think the same should go for those who want to keep
it private.

I simply hesitate / have concerns with the notion of flipping a switch and
turning IP sensitive data - aggregated in one place and for one purpose,
which was submitted under terms of confidentiality, open into the public
domain.

Maybe the Opt-in option is something we can further explore/reach consensus
upon for placing in the Initial Report for public comment.

Best regards,
Claudio