[GNSO-RPM-WG] Q#8

Paul Keating Paul at law.es
Tue Sep 17 15:29:15 UTC 2019

Seems to me that the majority is attempting to guide the process by not permitting discussin on something that they disagree with .

From: GNSO-RPM-WG <gnso-rpm-wg-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of claudio di gangi <ipcdigangi at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 5:22 PM
To: Kathy Kleiman <kathy at kathykleiman.com>
Cc: "gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org" <gnso-rpm-wg at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [GNSO-RPM-WG] Q#8

Kathy, all,

Last week, we spent the first full hour of the call discussing the first Question 8 proposal, and zero minutes on the second proposal on Question #8 (In comparison we spent much time discussing both proposals for question #7).

I am aware that some members spoke in support of the first proposal (I was on audio only), but do not know how many, while some others did not speak in support, and that we agreed to spend this full week to solicit WG members views on the list before moving forward. This week has not yet concluded (we have through today), yet new language is being posted below now for consideration.

A few additional points, the week prior Phil conducted an informal poll using the Zoom room functionality, which helped provide transparency on WG members views for consensus building, which was not done last week on Question #8.

Nor has there been an effort to bring the various proponents together to reach a compromise position, which we recently did in the sprint of the consensus-building process on Question #7, the design mark topic. So I’m not sure why question #8 is being treated so differently in all these various ways (as described above) compared to Question #7.

Can someone kindly shed some light on this disparity in treatment between the way we are approaching question 7 and question 8?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Claudio