[GNSO-RPM-WG] Phase 1 Initial Report Public Comment Period Extension

Julie Hedlund julie.hedlund at icann.org
Mon Apr 20 19:43:41 UTC 2020

Dear WG members,

Please see below a message from Brian Beckham, Phil Corwin, and Kathy Kleiman, the RPMs PDP WG Co-Chairs.

Kind regards,
Mary, Ariel, and Julie

==

Dear WG members,

We hope you are all coping in these challenging times, and are in good health and spirits.

We understand that some of you have already been preparing comments on our Initial Report and that you may not need additional time beyond the upcoming April 27th due date.

At the same time, we also understand that others, including members of the public dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic crisis,  may find some additional time to prepare comments useful, especially given the relatively new comment form.

We are also cognizant of the representations we have made to Council relating to our review of public comments and production of a Final Report and that any time extension to the Initial Report comment due date may have a knock on effect (i.e., it reduces the time we have to review the comments and arrive at a Final Report).

The co-chairs met this morning and discussed this and other administrative matters. We agreed that we shall request our available meeting slot during the ICANN 68 meeting in June. In regard to the comment deadline, we  hope you agree that a one-week extension of the deadline to submit comments to May 4th is reasonable in the circumstances. A notice to that effect will be posted to the Initial Report notice page, and support staff will also make clear that they are available to answer questions and provide assistance in regard to utilization of the comment form.

The co-chairs intend to adhere to our previously announced intent to hold two WG meetings per week through at least May and June, if needed, to consider received comments, as groundwork for proceeding with a consensus call on potential Final Report recommendations.

Our best regards,

Kathy, Phil, Brian