[Gnso-sc-budget] Question from member of GNSO Council

Xavier J. Calvez xavier.calvez at icann.org
Sun Jan 27 01:06:17 UTC 2019

Ayden et al,
Thank you for sharing the question.
I believe the question refers to the SSAC advice on Name Collision Analysis Project, which is an advice that SSAC produced at the result of a request of the Board for the SSAC to evaluate the topic of name collision.
The SSAC provided to the Board an advice which consists in the recommendation to conduct a name collision analysis. An unofficial version of this document has been shared that included indication of a $3.6m cost for all the phases of the analysis.
There is nothing in the FY20 draft budget on this project, as this advice is still under consideration by the Board who has asked ICANN org to evaluate the analysis suggested and provide a suggested recommendation.
I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Best,

Xavier

Xavier Calvez
ICANN – SVP & CFO
12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90094
Phone:   310-301-5838
Mobile:  805-312-0052
Fax:        310-957-2348

On 1/26/19, 4:40 PM, "Gnso-sc-budget on behalf of Ayden Férdeline" <gnso-sc-budget-bounces at icann.org on behalf of icann at ferdeline.com> wrote:

    A member of the GNSO Council has asked the following question:

    > Hi Ayden,
    >
    > I failed to find traces of this highly controversial project in the budget
    > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_public-2Dcomments_ncap-2Dproject-2Dplan-2D2018-2D03-2D02-2Den&d=DwIGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=IWWGaKyGUGcKQNGe7LtArAou7HP6fPR5aWjbPBUFZ3k&m=AaZzTpPmSiUChz1DdvbgYIshDXlpGErDGMkWoKhsD38&s=E54P1Jvs6qcBD30F607n_hmarybcyV8jCmGVc1B9Zlg&e=
    >
    > (something like 3.6M with no obligations and really bad justification from SSAC)
    >
    > Do you see traces of it?
    > If not - could we ask CFO if it is there at all?

    I am forwarding along this question with the hope that the Finance team or Berry may be able to provide a response. Thank you!

    Kind regards,

    Ayden Férdeline