[Gnso-ssc] Selection of ATRT3 candidates

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 17:14:32 UTC 2017

Hello

Thanks for sending this, I have no objection to the text.
However, I'd like to leave a note for thought for SSC

If the phrase highlighted in SSC Charter is in place
"The SSC shall strive as far as possible to achieve balance,
representativeness, diversity and sufficient expertise appropriate for
the applicable selection process."

There will be a time when SSC has to answer for it. Probably so
showing the numbers of gender and regional balance in its selection
results. There has been a focus on SG balance but, again, if the SG
does not present a balanced pool of candidates for SSC to appoint,
nominations will fall short on diversity standards. So SSC too should
have those statistics recorded and bring them to light when
appointment processes are done.

As I've mentioned, I was not being serious when I said a female should
apply to GAC Liason just for gender balance. I would be, however, very
surprised if more than 1/3 of GAC Liason candidates received are
female, given the current state of candidates.

Numbers don't lie.

Best,

Renata