[Gnso-ssc] Final Call - GNSO Mentor for ICANN Fellowship Program - Deadline Wednesday 19 December at 19:00 UTC

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Tue Dec 18 18:08:27 UTC 2018

 Dear SSC members,

We had full participation on the follow-up poll with all 9 members responding. Five members expressed a preference for Andrew Mack and four expressed a preference for Amr Elsadr. You can find a summary of the results attached and comments can be found below.

As agreed, the SSC will hold a final consensus call on the frontrunner from this poll. If you object to putting forward Andrew Mack as the recommended candidate, please respond on the mailing list by Wednesday 19 December at 19:00 UTC. If no objections are received, the SSC will consider this a full consensus recommendation and submit it to the Council in time for Thursday’s GNSO Council meeting.

Kind regards,
Emily

Poll comments:

  *   I think both Andrew's background and his demeaner make him an excellent candidate, although both meet the qualifications.
  *   Both candidates are extremely qualified and bringa lot to the table. The members of my constituency have worked with both. My experience is that Andrew's organizational skills and ability to present information clearly exceeds the other candidates. He also brings a real world business perspective to policy discussions which are most useful into putting ICANN's mission into context.
  *   They are both very good candidates. I think Andrew has a better profile.
  *   On close observation I feel Amr qualifies extremely well with prerequisite experience