[Gnso-ssr] discussion -- SAC061 -- SSAC Comment on ICANN's Initial Report from the Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services

Greg Aaron greg at illumintel.com
Mon Feb 17 14:49:11 UTC 2014

Dear Mikey:

Regarding #1:  gTLD transfers have generally worked over the years because
all registrars have provided contact data via WHOIS.  There has been pain
because the data was not always uniform in format, and not all registrars
provide thick data via port 43, but generally the contact data was
obtainable and life went on.   IRTP helped and the 2013 RAA irons out format
issues.

Regarding #2: See above; transfers will muddle on in the meantime.

I note that the Board asked that the EWG address key questions posed in
SAC055.  So when the EWG's final report comes out, it would be logical to
compare it to both SAC055 and SAC061.

All best,

--Greg