[Gnso-subteam0b-policyimpl] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation Working Principles Sub- Team meeting - 19 December 2013

Julia Charvolen julia.charvolen at icann.org
Fri Dec 20 08:13:01 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Principles Sub-Team is scheduled for Thursday 09 January 2014 at 2100 UTC for 90 minutes.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working Principles Sub-Team call held on Thursday 19 December 2013 at 21:00 UTC:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-policy-implementation-20131219-en.mp3

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr – ALAC
Alan Greenberg – At-Large
Greg Shatan – IPC
Chuck Gomes- RySG
Nic Steinbach- RrSG
Avri Doria – NCSG
Jonathan Frost – RySG
Tom Barett – RrSG
Michael Graham - IPC

Apology:
J.Scott Evans

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Marika Konings
Julia Charvolen

Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Julia Charvolen
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 19 December 2013:
  Marika Konings:Welcome to the PI Principles Sub-Team meeting of 19 December 2013
  Julia Charvolen:Dear all, please note that the Adobe Connect is has no audio connected, in order to participate in the meeting please be so kind to dial int the phone bridge
  Julia Charvolen:Passcode: PI
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ok  but why not??  and I assume I have dialout?
  Mary Wong:Cheryl, we are dialing out to you very shortly.
  Greg Shatan:I am now on the phone bridge.
  Julia Charvolen:Thomas Barett is on the call
  Julia Charvolen:Avri Doria joined the adobe connect
  Julia Charvolen:Avri has not yet joined the phone bridge
  Avri Doria:oh, we dont have voice.  very welll, will find the phone.
  Julia Charvolen:Thank you Avri
  Julia Charvolen:Passcode : PI
  Julia Charvolen:Avri Doria joined the phone bridge
  Michael R. Graham:Is there a reason for specifying "PRIMARY stakeholders" ?
  Greg Shatan:Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our four...no... amongst our weapons.... amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
  Nic Steinbach:"all" as opposed to "the primary"?
  Michael R. Graham:I would also remove the "such as" perhaps?
  Greg Shatan:Easy for you to say.
  Michael R. Graham:@Greg . . . Agreed!
  Jonathan Frost:I might say "among others" at the end of the list
  Jonathan Frost:do make it clear that the list is nto intended to be exhaustive
  Nic Steinbach:unfortunately I am going to have to jump off this call. good luck with the rest of this call. i look forward to catching up on the recording.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:agree with you Jonathan
  Michael R. Graham:@Gregory Perhaps, but cutlery can help define the experience.
  Greg Shatan:@Michael ; agreed, but the restaurant has to be open for anyone to have any kind of experience....
  Marika Konings:I've put the whole first paragraph now there
  Michael R. Graham:Could we change "A stakeholder refers" to read: "'Stakeholder' refers to"?
  Michael R. Graham:I know the Definitions sub-team has a good amount on its plate without doing so, but would it be useful for it to consider refining a definition of "Multi-Stakeholder Model" if it has time?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:guess so Michael as long as it is limted  to an ICANN context
  Avri Doria:of course now we also speak of administrtion, wtch more and more things get grouped under administration.
  Jonathan Frost:I agree with strengthening the must.
  Michael R. Graham:Agree -- tough "are" means they must or they are not proper GNSO processes.
  Michael R. Graham:Sorry, meant "Although" not "tough"
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Seasons Greetings to you all talk next year :-)