[gtld-tech] URS technical requirements, comments and questions

Michele Neylon - Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Sat Sep 7 02:43:02 UTC 2013

On 7 Sep 2013, at 02:19, Gustavo Lozano <gustavo.lozano at icann.org>
 wrote:

> GL - The text needs to be clarified, as the idea behind Requirement 9 is basically what you are proposing. This is the proposed new text:
>
> Registry Requirement 9: In cases where a URS Complainant (as defined in the URS Rules) has prevailed, Registry Operator MUST offer the option for the URS Complainant to extend a URS Suspended domain name's registration (if allowed by the maximum validity period of the TLD).  Registry Operator MAY collect the renewal fee paid by the URS Complainant for the URS Suspended domain name from the sponsoring Registrar of the domain name.

That last sentence doesn't make any sense. Registry Operators do not collect the fees paid by anyone other than the registrar- they collect the fees they charge the registrar. Period.

Registry X charges registrar $10 / year
Registrar Y charges registrant (or in this case the URS complainant) their retail rate for the domain
So if I want to charge $30 / year and Rob wants to charge $15 / year then that's our business model and not relevant to this policy.
As long as we pay the registry for the renewal ..

Put another way, there's no direct relationship between the Registry Operator and the URS Complainant.

Regards

Michele
--
Mr Michele Neylon