[gtld-tech] Update to reserved names list for new gTLDs

Gould, James JGould at verisign.com
Thu Sep 19 15:36:12 UTC 2013

Jaap,

Good point.  My recommendation is to have a set of versioned authoritative
lists (e.g. ReservedNames-1.0.xml, ReservedName-1.1.xml,
ReservedNames-2.0.xml) of reserved names and associated meta-data,
available in a single place (e.g.
http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registries/reserved), in a single
consistent machine readable form (e.g. XML), based on what is defined in
Specification 5 of the Registry Agreement. Any changes to country names or
any other dependent source would result in a new version of the
authoritative list that is published to the site for use by the
registries.

--

JG

James Gould