[GTLD-WG] Workspace on the Issue of Private Ownership of Common Words as TLDs

CW Mail mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Tue Nov 13 21:19:11 UTC 2012

Well, bridges that have been burned can be rebuilt.
As for the loss of the "commons" this is the nec plus ultra.

CW

PS:	ICANN may feel comfortable expropriating the English language,
where certain authorities may have been lax in the past in their self-
confidence, but I can assure you that the same policy translated to
other languages and cultures will not travel. Words are NOT
"commodities".

PPS:	In the light of the exception that I entertained, below, please
recall that .name, .pro, .museum are OPEN TLDs.