[GTLD-WG] Workspace on the Issue of Private Ownership of Common Words as TLDs

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Tue Nov 13 23:58:26 UTC 2012

Evan

We could go around and around on this for hours :) While it's fun, it's pointless

My views of this, and those of others, are public

See:

http://www.internetnews.me/2012/06/14/big-brands-trying-to-corner-generic-namespaces/

http://blog.blacknight.com/letter-to-icann-on-big-brands-proposed-usage-of-generic-domain-extensions.html

As well as those of Kathy Kleiman, Steve del Bianco and others during the public forum:

http://www.fhhlaw.com/TorontoPublicForumPresentationsonClosedGenericTLDConcerns.pdf

and, though you may not believe me on this point, my views on this have very little to do with my position as a registrar :)

See also https://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/kleiman-to-icann-25sep12-en

Regards

Michele

--