[GTLD-WG] Workspace on the Issue of Private Ownership of Common Words as TLDs

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Nov 14 00:28:18 UTC 2012

Evan

On 14 Nov 2012, at 00:20, Evan Leibovitch <evan at telly.org>
 wrote:

> On 13 November 2012 18:58, Michele Neylon :: Blacknight <michele at blacknight.com> wrote:
>
> We could go around and around on this for hours :) While it's fun, it's pointless
>

> Michele, nobody here is demanding you waste your time.

I never suggested that anyone was
My "pointless" reference was very simple - we (you and I) don't agree on this and we're never going to agree on this. That's all.

> In the last gTLD working group call I was charged with engaging At-Large on this issue.
>
> This might just be one of those interesting times where the interests of global Internet end-users and those of the existing domain industry significantly diverge. I can certainly see why.

That's a matter of opinion.

I have mine. You have yours.

Some people on the contracted side share my view, others don't.

It's the same on the non-contracted side.

Regards

Michele

--
Mr Michele Neylon