[GTLD-WG] Fwd: [council] Update from the New gTLD Program Committee

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Nov 28 14:56:11 UTC 2012

Most relevant to me in the Board's letter to the GNSO:

*"The Committee adopted both resolutions at this time in deference to
geopolitical concerns and specific GAC advice, to reassure the impacted
stakeholders in the community, acknowledge and encourage the continuing
work of the GNSO Council, and take an action consistent with its 13
September 2012 resolution."*

Looks like the Board has made up its mind, and the deck is stacked against
sanity. We can still do advice as ALAC, but I wonder how much value exists
in the ongoing GNSO WG work...