[GTLD-WG] [CPWG] Reflections on registry agreement renewals

John McCormac jmcc at hosterstats.com
Wed May 8 13:16:50 UTC 2019

On 07/05/2019 21:51, Jonathan Zuck wrote:
> Whew! That's a tough one because how do you distinguish what is
> speculation? Better to just raise prices and bring down the volume, I think.
Raising the prices would affect non-speculative registrants more as
there are far more of them than speculative registrants.

A speculative registrant can always drop their domain name(s) in a TLD.
A non-speculative registrant who has built a website, e-mail/social
media prescence (there are people who are using
Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter pages as their websites) or business on their
domain name has to keep paying. There are no simple solutions.

Regards...jmcc
John McCormac  *  e-mail: jmcc at hosterstats.com
MC2            *  web: http://www.hosterstats.com/
22 Viewmount   *  Domain Registrations Statistics
Waterford      *  And Historical DNS Database.
Ireland        *  Over 516 Million Domains Tracked.
IE             *  Skype: hosterstats.com