[GTLD-WG] [CPWG] The Future of New TLDs

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Jul 23 17:10:08 UTC 2019

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 11:56, Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Might be useful to read as we think about positioning on the 'next round'.
>
> https://domainnamewire.com/2019/07/23/a-synopsis-of-new-top-level-domains/

Not sure this provides any new useful information.

The drive to expand gTLDs -- and the defence of existing new ones -- is
religion, based on faith and power while dismissive of evidence and
impervious to logic.
It's evangelical, seeking to spread its doctrine to Internet providers and
consumers alike whether they want it or not. And, like with most religion,
following the money invariably leads to avarice and entitlement.

We, the atheists dwelling within ICANN's theocracy, have known this for
quite a while. Watching PIR turn agnostic provides some mild amusement but
can't really change anything.

- Evan