[GTLD-WG] [CPWG] Subsequent Procedures Update: Community Applications, snapshot as at 9 Oct 2019

Justine Chew justine.chew at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:03:09 UTC 2019

Dear all,

Reference is made to the *SubPro Updates workspace
<https://community.icann.org/x/6a_jBg>*.

The Subsequent Procedures PDP WG will start deliberations on public
comments on the topic of Community Applications at its next call on 10 Oct
3:00 UTC.

Here is an *update on the topic of Community Applications as at 9 Oct 2019
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/111390697/01.%20SubPro%20Community%20Applications%20as%20at%209.10.2019%20for%20CPWG.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1570606486153&api=v2>*
.

CCT Recommendation #34 applies to this topic. It calls for a review of
procedures & objectives for community-based applications, and for
improvements to be made before the new application round is launched.

I will try to speak to this topic at the upcoming CPWG call if there is
time to do so; else I will consider the need for a revised update after the
SubPro WG call.

Justine Chew
-----