[IANAtransition] [Internet Policy] [IANAxfer] ICANN-IGP hybrid

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Apr 2 14:31:17 UTC 2014

Patrik, Vint:
You will have to justify your conclusions; simple assertions or arguments from authority signal the weakness of a position.
Both the IGP paper and the comments of about 20-30 stakeholders at the Singapore meeting have made it clear that the community as a whole expects the accountability hole left by the end of the NTIA contract to be filled with something.
While there is not uniform support for the specific DNSA model we proposed, there is widespread agreement that structural separation is an approach that needs to be considered seriously as a means of addressing that problem. If you wish to contribute to this debate, please offer us something more than conclusory assertions.