[IANAtransition] Consumer Constituencies Re: [] [] New acronym IFABDFI ; -)

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Apr 3 04:24:55 UTC 2014

(x-post removed)

Hi,

Both ALAC and NCSG in ICANN have at separate  times and at other times
together, tried to get consumer constituencies off the ground.

NCSG has had a candidate non commercial consumer constituency for
several years, and this is represented on the NCSG executive and policy
committees by Dorothy Gordon. The candidate constituency has, however,
been remarkably inactive.

That is, we have tried the new process for initiating a new
constituency, but never reached closure.  Under the rules of ICANN and
the NCSG, the only hing that was really missing for this to have become
a full constituency was consistent activity and participation in WGs and
the like.

Note: As an NCSG member, we can belong to up 3 constituencies (albeit we
only have 2 full constituencies at the moment) because our voting is
done at a flat SG level.  I am a member of this candidate consumer
constituency that has never gone anywhere.

avri