[IANAtransition] Control, co-ordination, and interop (was Re: [IANAxfer] ] ICANN proposal released)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sat Apr 12 08:56:04 UTC 2014

Richard, you can't possibly mean "each branch is identical to each other
branch"  - each branch is distinct. foo.com is distinct from bar.com

Now, if you go down a particular branch, say, foo.com, it is that case that
all servers of foo.com are supposed to be the same. So perhaps that is what
you meant.

Split-horizon makes for some differences. Local servers may actually
produce different results but the global internet resolution doesn't see
this since the effect is local.

I am surprised to learn, however, that one can dial a number from country
 X and get a different result when dialing the same number from country Y.