[IANAtransition] Control, co-ordination, and interop (was Re: [IANAxfer] ] ICANN proposal released)

Richard Hill rhill at hill-a.ch
Sat Apr 12 09:00:02 UTC 2014

Dear Vint,

Yes, I meant what you say below.  Thank you for clarifying that.

And indeed, it is shocking that dialing from country X can give you a different connection than when dialing from country Y, but the issue has become sufficiently severe that there was unanimous agreement to add a provision to the ITRs to discourage this.  That particular provision was not controversial.  Again, this is covered in some detail in my book on WCIT and the ITRs.

The point is that the telephone databases are updated manually by each operator, they are not synchronized to some master telephone database.

Thanks again and best,
Richard