[IANAtransition] ccNSO Council Comment

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:37:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/05/2014 01:16, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> > Registry operators have a "vested interest" in accurate and secure root
> zone changes, since it is _their_ data we are talking about. (I am not a
> registry operator and get no support for them. This is just common sense.)
>
> Absolutely no disagreement there. I was thinking of another aspect:
> the users of the DNS (in a very broad sense) are the potential
> victims of bad decisions made by ICANN that favour the interests of
> registry operators to the detriment of others.
>
> ++1 my point exactly about the non-ICANers however i guess there won't be
a perfect inclusive approach other than ensuring that the role of the
committee does not in anyway include decision making. It will infact be
desired that those selected from the various communities sign an
undertaking of not representing their communities but the entire Internet
community.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*