[IANAtransition] Input from the Government of India

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Thu May 8 05:41:04 UTC 2014

Dear Nick,

Thank you again for writing. It is beyond the purview of us, ALL OF US,
here in this list, in our roles as Internet Governance participants from
the Internet, to identify Policy as emerges from a Nation State as Policy
of a Political party or that of its Leader. For all of us, Prime Minister
of a Nation State is Prime Minister, whether he is incoming Prime Minister,
Outgoing Prime Minister or Continuing Prime Minister. If I am talking with
my Internet Hat, I would make no references whatsoever about the Elections
in India. Most of the Internet Governance participants do view the general
affairs of the Nation States with detachment.

If I must take Elections in consideration, if it is absolutely necessary,
then I will only consider this factor: In general, during Election Time,
the political and diplomatic statements or Diplomatic positions or even
Diplomatic protests from a Government may have to viewed as Statements of
local public appeal, rather than actual Diplomatic positions. Perhaps this
is understood at the highest levels of Global Policy circles, perhaps it is
not.

To that extent, it is wiser to wait for the Elections to be over for high
level discussions on policy, again, not being attached or or desirous of
any particular electoral outcome.

I will now send a letter with a copy to the Prime Minister now. And will
send another letter again to the Prime Minister the first day after taking
Oath of Office.  Irrespective of whether it is a Continuing Prime Minister
or New Prime Minister from the same Political or different Political
alliance, ask "Why did YOU have this position on Internet Governance? Why
do u have a policy that hurts the Multi-Stakeholder process and Internet
Governance?"

Thank you
Sivasubramanain M

Sivasubramanian M <https://www.facebook.com/sivasubramanian.muthusamy>