[IANAtransition] Response from the Number Resource Organization (NRO)

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu May 8 09:50:55 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Brian E Carpenter <
brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The NRO agrees that the ICANN Board should respect and adopt the outcome
> of
> > the entire development process, as reported by the "Steering Group",
> without
> > a vote;
>
> For any Board operating under Robert's Rules, surely a motion and a vote
> are needed to adopt anything at all?

+1 which leaves an option to either accept or deny the outcome from the
community (a similar reality with the ASO/ICANN MOU but viewed as not
threatening). Perhaps a desired status of the "steering group" will be a
relationship with the board similar to that of IETF and the ICANN board on
protocol matters? otherwise a benefit of doubt (applied by the NRO/ASO)
could suffice.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*