[IANAtransition] On Enhancing ICANN Accountability

Tamer Rizk trizk at inficron.com
Fri May 30 19:19:59 UTC 2014

@Michel, Sovereignty is the quality of having independent authority over
a geographic area. Since the geographic area you are hypothesizing is
unclear in your statement, I can only clarify that the implied intention
of the document is to reiterate the necessity for all interests to
ensure a future of good Internet governance through separate,
interdependent organizations, each with the power to hold the other
accountable.

If I understand your concluding remark correctly, then yes, I would
agree that DNS policy may be constrained to impartiality through the
careful demarcation of RZM and IANA functions between said organizations.