[ianatransition] Composition of the ICG

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Jul 29 12:37:53 UTC 2014

Nick,

some facts.

The organization is called the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers

There is a reason for that. It coordinates the allocation of IP addresses
via the Regional Internet Registries.
The policies for the allocation of IP addresses come from two sources: the
IETF where standards are produced and the NRO that coordinates global
policies developed jointly by the RIRs. The ICANN board ratifies global
policy and does have the ability to return a global policy to the NRO if it
believes there are issues or deficiencies with a proposed global policy.
ICANN does not MAKE global policy but it does execute/implement the policy.

Your assertion strikes me as far too broad and it's wrong.

vint