[ianatransition] Composition of the ICG

Richard Hill rhill at hill-a.ch
Tue Jul 29 15:52:52 UTC 2014

Dear Eliot,

I apologize for not being clear enough.  I well understand who has the real ultimate authority in practice, because, as you say, it is a voluntary system.

What I am saying is that various other entities (in particular NTIA and ICANN) THINK that THEY have the ultimate authority.

In my view, this should be rectified.  The future equivalent of the IANA contract should make clear that the ultimate authority is what you say it is.

Best,
Richard