[ianatransition] Jurisdiction: an example of where immunity might be needed

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Thu Jul 31 12:19:23 UTC 2014

On Jul 31, 2014, at 8:15 AM, Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:

> Dear John,
>
> Immunity of jurisdiction is just like any other insurance policy.  There is a cost, but if the risk materializes, you are happy to have paid the insurance premiums.
>
> Whether or not the cost is worth paying is a judgement call.  I think yes, others may think no.

Understood - my question is whether, in light of the other protections
already in the system that I highlighted, you still feel that it is
worth the risk.  I think its a valid question, as historically we have
probably had more challenges from within than state-led actions...

/John

Disclaimer: my views alone.