[ianatransition] Jurisdiction: an example of where immunity might be needed

Graham Schreiber graham_schreiber at landcruise.com
Thu Jul 31 13:05:50 UTC 2014

Hi All:     Including Jones Day, Walter Kelley Jr,  Penny & Suzanne:

Jones Day:    What would the circumstance be, if the British Government approached ICANN, wanting to assume control of the ~ none physical entity, which are / is, the two letter characters of UK preceded by the dot which is domiciled inside a computer located geographically in California?

As Jones Day is well aware, Nominet is a private UK company, with no relationship to the UK Government, beyond being a registered Not for profit Corporation?

Nominet assumed the .UK  "cash cow" TLD as a patronage appointment, by "exchange of letters" as an evolved relationship started between ?? in the UK and ?? in California, on the ARPA

If ICANN & IANA want to be ATRT then this question needs a detailed and accurate reply.

Cheers,  Graham Schreiber.