[ianatransition] Jurisdiction (was Composition of the ICG)

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri Aug 1 13:56:41 UTC 2014

On 1 Aug 2014, at 12:01, Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch> wrote:

> I am proposing that the ICG assemble and summarize, and the summary could well include a satement to the effect that proposals X, Y, and Z are consistent with, and accomodated, in consolidated proposal A, which can therefore be said to be a consensus proposal.

Why would not parties first talk with each other and merge their respective proposals before sending it to the ICG?

What you propose is for me not bottom up, but an informed top down process with consultations.

Not good enough for me.

> The ICG would then put that assembled proposal out for comment, as you say, and if they got it right, nobody would object to it.

Saying no one would object to a proposal is of course something that will never happen. You know that as well as I do.

   Patrik