[ianatransition] Jurisdiction (was Composition of the ICG)

Richard Hill rhill at hill-a.ch
Fri Aug 1 17:30:20 UTC 2014

Please see below.

Thanks and best,
Richard

Of course they should.  But what is the role of the ICG if all the
coordination is done outside ICG?

> What you propose is for me not bottom up, but an informed top
> down process with consultations.

Hunh?  What I propose is the usual process.  People make inputs, an editor
collates them and produces a consolidated draft.  People comment on the
draft.  The editor produces a new draft, etc.

If some of the stakeholders work together to agree a common proposal, why
not.  But if nothing else is acceptable, then I don't call that "bottom up",
I call that "pre-cooked deal".

> Not good enough for me.
>
> > The ICG would then put that assembled proposal out for comment,
> as you say, and if they got it right, nobody would object to it.
>
> Saying no one would object to a proposal is of course something
> that will never happen. You know that as well as I do.

There will surely be more objections at the end if people are discouraged
from sending inputs and if their comments are not reflected in the output in
some way (which may be an explanation of why the input was not included).