[ianatransition] separation and accountability

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 09:16:20 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 3 Aug 2014 09:50, "Miles Fidelman" <mfidelman at meetinghouse.net> wrote:

> The NTIA contract ties the funding mechanisms together - i.e., the
"freebies" IETF receives are [authorized|directed|enforced] by the NTIA
contract.  It's the contract that basically says: "you have to perform all
of the IANA functions, not just those that generate revenue."

Unless you want to direct me a difference reference, I thought the MOU is
what enables this:
https://www.icann.org/resources/unthemed-pages/ietf-icann-mou-2000-03-01-en

> If/when that contract goes away, it might be nice if whatever replaces it
maintains that connection.

Any chance that MOU will become void if NTIA goes away? They seem
independent to me.

On a side note, reading the mou again I must say IETF have really done
their homework for their part of IANA

Cheers!