[ICANN Academy WG] DOODLE / Expanded ICANN Academy Working Group call

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun May 20 16:54:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have just responded to the expanded poll, but wish to make a few comments on this note.

I think it is lovely that people from other SO/ACs have been invited to participate in this ALAC initiative.  And while I don't think it is necessary that we need a representative for every GNSO Constituency, I do not mind if we do, but I do want to take care that we don't allow GNSO capture of the process by overloading it with GNSO members.  GNSO is good at a lot of things, but they do not specialize in cross-community work.

As for criticizing the staff on the scope of the doodle, I think it is preferable to try just a few days, and if that doesn't work, then try again with another few days.  I much prefer that to a doodle with several week's worth of days.  Also I remind people that of the people in the original academy ad-hoc WG, several of them also travel all the time, so "out of country travel and business (sic) obligations," was already a known phenomenon.

cheers

avri