[ICANN Academy WG] Activities in Buenos Aires

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Mon Nov 11 18:19:59 UTC 2013

Dear member of the WG,

it has been quite on this list, but a lot of work has been done in the past
2 month. Finally the first Pilot Leadership Training Programme will take
place in Buenos Aires. I send you enclosed the final programme and the list
of participants.

The interest of most AS/SO was remarkable and apart from the ASO and the
RSSAC we can welcome participants from all stakeholder groups. Overall there
are around 25 participants. In order to accommodate as many participants as
possible, we agreed to assign no additional trainers, but ask experienced
participants to facilitate a session on a topic they have an expertise on.
The commitment from these people was overwhelming; all agreed to facilitate
a session. You can see in the programme enclosed who these people are.

The orientation course can be truly seen as an effort from the community for
the community. The Facilitation Skills Training, which is organised by David
Kolb, and the Online Learning Platform, which will be launched in Buenos
Aires, are making this programme complete and we are convinced that all
participants experienced or incoming leaders will take their benefit from
these days.

The regularly scheduled ICANN Academy Working Group meeting will serve as
the feedback session from participants. This session will be utmost
important in terms of reviewing and deciding if and how to move forward with
this pilot programme.

I like to invite you herewith to the ICANN Academy WG meeting on Wednesday,
20 Nov. 2013 , from 9 - 10.30 in Room Atalya.
http://buenosaires48.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-academy

We count on your participation!

Have a save travel and see you soon!

Best Sandra