[ICANN Academy WG] ICANN Academy Working Group meeting @ICANN 51 Los Angeles

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Thu Sep 18 10:17:54 UTC 2014

Dear all, (please red to the end)

I hope you had a good time after the ICANN meeting in London.

It has been quiet on this list, mainly because planning and preparation for
the 2nd leadership training programme took all resources. Please find the
agenda fyi enclosed. Again around 25 participants from almost all AC/SO/SG
will participate and I am confident that this 2nd course will be a success
again. At this point I would like to thank our supporting staff Heidi,
Gisella and Susi, without their hard work this would never have been
possible.

I am happy to inform you that we got allocated a slot in the ICANN 51 agenda
on:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/BMPhAg> Wednesday 15 October 2014

ICANN Academy

Time: 16:00 - 17:30 (90 minutes)

Meeting Room: Encino

I propose the agenda as follows, but invite you to review, add and change
the agenda:

Part 1: Review of the 2nd Leadership training programme (45 min)

.        review of the survey from LTP participants

.        participants will be invited to speak about their experience of the
LTP

Part 2: Future of the ICANN Academy Working group (45 min)

.        Is there future need for this WG?

.        If so what is the scope of this group?

.        How can our ideas become more visible? (i.e. on www.icann.org)

As you see I question the future of this WG, because at the moment the
activities are limited to organise the Leadership Training Programme (LTP),
which is still misunderstood as being the ICANN Academy. Up to now it was
not possible to implement our view of an inclusive and modular ICANN Academy
in the ICANN ecosystem. The current structure on the new icann.org does not
foresee or support such an approach.

I would like to know what you think and what you propose how to move
forward. I would like to invite you to engage in the discussion on this
mailing list before we meet F2F and hope to see many of you in Los Angeles

Best Sandra

PS: See a good example of an institutional Academy at
http://www.chathamhouse.org/academy/about, which is actually close to the
Leadership Training ProgrammeJ