[ICANN Academy WG] ICANN Academy - Call for Coaches and Content for the New Chairing Skills Programme

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Wed Dec 14 11:00:41 UTC 2016

Hey there! Is this ICANN Academy working group still alive? Please reply on
the red parts if you would like to get involved in the new course!

Dear all, it has be quiet around this working group, but there was little
but steady activity. With the IANA transition now accomplished, I hope the
ICANN community has more bandwidth and  we can re-activate this group. A
next chance to get involved again is the new course which was proposed by
participants and facilitators of the last Leadership Programme in Dublin
(2015):

ICANN Academy - Chairing Skills Programme

We need your help! We are creating a new ICANN Academy course called
Chairing Skills Programme (CSP). You may have recognised the announcement
during the ICANN meeting in Hyderabad for this new course but also for the
next Leadership Programme (LP) taking place in conjunction with ICANN 58 in
Copenhagen. (see: https://community.icann.org/x/7IU0Aw) I enclose a detailed
outline of this new course to this email.

Given this context we are in search of CONTENT and COACHES.

Regarding CONTENT we would like to hear from all of the SO/AC/SGs:

1.      We want to know what is challenging to chairs, new and old.

2.      What skills would be helpful to chairs so they can be highly
effective with their groups?

3.      What got in the way of being effective facilitators?

4.      What worked for them?

We want to get a clear picture of chairing across the ICANN Community. You
are invited to send your input until 5th January 2017 to:
<mailto:info at hoferichter.eu> info at hoferichter.eu and
<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org> staff at atlarge.icann.org who will synthesize
it.

Even more important we need COACHES from across the community.

Ideally, we are looking for alumni of the Academy LTP programme and former
chairs as well. The time commitment will involve several phone calls and
concluding at ICANN 58. As a coach you will be trained in coaching skills
and course content to be determined by this request.

You will have other community coaches and professional coach and
professional facilitators from Incite Learning to support you.

You will be assigned one or two trainees to work with during the programme.

You will set up times to sit in on their calls and provide feedback
afterwards on chairing skills. Some coordination and training calls will
occur among the coaches - then work with the trainees will commence and
continue through ICANN 58 in Copenhagen

The most important task you will take on is having impact on the ICANN
Chairs and how they lead the community into the future.

Please let us know until 20th December if you are interested to become a
coach for this training and if yes if you are available for both parts of
the course (telephonic and F2F). Please note: for acting as a coach during
the F2F part at ICANN 58 in Copenhagen this programme  cannot provide
additional travel support.

Preliminary timeline

Date estimate

Description

During ICANN 57 (HYD)

Announcement of the Chairing Skills Programme (CSP)

20th December

Reach out and confirmation of trainees and coaches

Early - mid January

.        Briefing and with coaches and external facilitator (Incite
Learning)

.        Introduction call with trainees and coaches to discuss the course
part 1 (telephonic facilitation)

January and February

.        Observation calls (1) coaches to trainees

.        Calls between coaches to discuss feedback across trainees

.        Feedback calls coaches to trainees

Early March

Call with coaches and trainees to discuss ICANN 58 observations and training

March 13-15 (ICANN 58)

Face-to-Face observations, briefing and evaluation session during meeting

Post ICANN 58

.        Observation calls (2) coaches to trainees - to see how the training
helped to develop chairing skills

.        Final feedback calls coaches to trainees

.        Evaluation of CSP (part 1 and 2); recommendations for next steps

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Sandra

Chair of the ICANN Academy Working Group