[ICANN-CSC] Work Items for CSC

Jay Daley jay at nzrs.net.nz
Thu Dec 8 21:05:09 UTC 2016

Byron and CSC colleague

> CSC Colleagues,
>
> Some of you may remember a table that I sent out in the summer which attempted to get at the tasks the CSC is to undertake based on a review of the ICANN bylaws, CSC Charter and the IANA Naming Function Contract.  I have updated this, attached, showing where I believe we have made quite a bit of progress and flagging others things that we need to eventually address.  There are two issues that stand out, which we have not yet discussed, that I would like to draw to your attention:
>
> 1.       Complaints Management – we will have some role in this, largely where systemic issues are believed to exist. I would like to know if there are any problems now, by asking Elise G. to brief us on how many complaints they have now, and in the last year, and their process for tracking and resolving these.

I agree that starting with baseline data is the best way forward and will help determine the priority of this work item.

> 2.       IANA Customer Survey - under the IANA Naming Function Contract, PTI is required to collaborate with the CSC on an annual customer service survey.  I would like them to give us a briefing on their current approach so that we can understand what is being done.  We may want to, for example, seek community input into the existing or potential new questions.  We may also want to talk about what the response rate is and, if necessary, discuss ways to improve it.

Sounds sensible.  I suspect a number of us run customer satisfactions surveys so it might be worthwhile sharing our survey questions/methodology too as a way to stimulate ideas.  For example, we use importance/satisfaction gap analysis for our customer surveys (for those unaware this is where questions are asked in pairs "how important is it that X work reliably?" and "how satisfied are you that X works reliably" and the gap in those two is used to prioritise action).

>  I invite you to look at the attachment which lists other things CSC is supposed to be doing and see if you agree on my sense of what might be priorities.

Those two seem to be the main items to tackle.

regards
Jay