[ICANN-CSC] Draft Report for the month of October 2016

Elise Gerich elise.gerich at iana.org
Tue Nov 15 07:29:06 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is our first draft format for the monthly Name Function performance reports.  This information, excluding the descriptive narrative about SLA exceptions, is the output of the data behind the Name Function Dashboard and is programmatically generated.  Our goal is to pull data for the reports from the collected measurements and to avoid manually compiling reports.

When the Design Team established the SLAs there was a discussion about certain scenarios that would cause PTI to miss the SLA for those types of scenarios.  Two of those scenarios were experienced in this reporting period, and as predicted it caused exceptions.  The two scenarios are: 1) receipt of a request on a Friday when there is a non-working Monday due to a holiday, and 2) an aspirational goal to reduce handling of ccTLD creations from the previous 120 day target to a 60 day target.  As you will see on page 34 of the report, the primary cause of the exceptions related to Manual Lodgment Time as well as Validation and Review Routine Non-Techincal was due to the requests “spanned non-business days”.  The primary cause for Validation and Review ccTLD Creation/Transfer was due to one request missing the “aspirational goal” in the time period.

We welcome your feedback and comments about this draft report which covers PTI’s Name Function SLA compliance for October 2016.

Best regards,
Elise

Elise Gerich| President
PTI| Public Technical Identifiers
12025 Waterfront Drive | Los Angeles, CA 90094

elise.gerich at iana.org | +1 310 463 1108