[ICANN-CSC] CSC Meeting 3: Recordings, Notes, & Chat

Allan MacGillivray allan.macgillivray at cira.ca
Mon Nov 28 21:16:05 UTC 2016

The comment I was trying to make during the meeting is that the problem that Lars identified was already caught by the lawyers when DT-A’s report and the SLE’s were put into the actual IANA Naming Function Contract. <https://www.icann.org/iana_pti_docs/151-iana-naming-function-contract-v-30sep16>  The words the lawyers used in the contract (see page 4 of Annex A) are slightly different but substantially identical to the words discussed today. I propose that we adopt the words used in the actual contract.  Just to be clear here are the wording differences with emphasis added:

1.       This is the wording that was original circulated

“Type.  Whether the threshold specified is a minimum target (compliance must be less than the target) or a maximum target (compliance must not be more than the target).”

2.       This is the proposed amendment that was discussed on the call today:

Type. Whether the threshold specified is a minimum target (compliance must  be no less than the target) or a maximum target (compliance must not be more than the target).

3.       This is the wording in the actual contract that I propose be used:

“4. Type. Whether the threshold specified is a minimum target (compliance must not be less than the target) or a maximum target (compliance must not be more than the target).