[ICANN-CSC] Agenda: CSC Meeting 13, 17 August, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Allan MacGillivray allan.macgillivray at cira.ca
Thu Aug 10 19:33:56 UTC 2017

Elise – you have me scratching my head on this one.  I believe you are referring to this section:

“The CSC will review individual complaints with a view to identifying whether any patterns of poor performance issues exist and if so, to invoke the Remedial Action procedures if necessary” (text reflects the proposed changes).

My reading of the sequence envisaged in this section is : 1) The ‘individual complaint’ is reviewed by the CSC, and then 2) if found to represent a ‘performance issue’, then 3) the CSC may invoke the Remedial Action Procedures 4) at which point the ‘individual complaint would become an ‘escalation’.  I would also add that even if an individual complaint is found to constitute a performance issue, the complainant is still permitted to continue to seek an individual (e.g. non-RAP) resolution, including using an IRP.  So my sense is that we should leave the term ‘individual complaint’ intact in this clause.


From: icann-csc-bounces at icann.org [mailto:icann-csc-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Elise Gerich
Sent: August-10-17 2:53 PM
To: Gannon, James-1; ICANN-CSC at icann.org
Subject: Re: [ICANN-CSC] Agenda: CSC Meeting 13, 17 August, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Hi all,
In addition to the feedback from James, I would like to suggest replacing the words “individual complaints” with “escalations” in the sentence about patterns of poor performance.  While it may seem like a minor point I think the distinction is worth making.

Thank you,

From: <icann-csc-bounces at icann.org<mailto:icann-csc-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of "Gannon, James-1" <james-1.gannon at novartis.com<mailto:james-1.gannon at novartis.com>>
Date: Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 6:17 AM
To: "ICANN-CSC at icann.org<mailto:ICANN-CSC at icann.org>" <ICANN-CSC at icann.org<mailto:ICANN-CSC at icann.org>>
Subject: Re: [ICANN-CSC] Agenda: CSC Meeting 13, 17 August, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Hi all,
Some feedback that I would like to discuss, I would like to suggest that the references to the IANA functions operator remain as drafted and not be changed to reflect the current IFO which is PTI, this distinction was important during the CWG to allow for a framework to move to a future IFO that may not be PTI and may not be associated with ICANN.

While I understand that this may seem like a minor point I think its an important distinction.

Also the reporting on any remedial actions taken should be reported to the GNSO as a whole alongside the ccNSO rather than just the RySG in my opinion.

Thanks in advance and happy to discuss on the call,

James Gannon
IGM Manager – Projects & IT Security SME

From: icann-csc-bounces at icann.org<mailto:icann-csc-bounces at icann.org> [mailto:icann-csc-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Maria Otanes
Sent: 10 August 2017 14:11
To: ICANN-CSC at icann.org<mailto:ICANN-CSC at icann.org>
Subject: [ICANN-CSC] Agenda: CSC Meeting 13, 17 August, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Dear CSC,

Please find the agenda for the August CSC meeting below and attached. The next call will be held next Thursday, 17 August, at 20:00 UTC.

The attached documents can also be found on the Wiki agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/TBEhB[community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_TBEhB&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=pXgd7rUFmOGPSaTcf3kROMV5Rt3fTXejagLVImG-D14&m=3mxJPjWAGheBfACb9jjuXSCImrFOcQW2s6Wc_n_IWsk&s=WPp05oE6KNa3RtVpo-y-zHMbVaDZXbTi91Il0CO6QAs&e=>

All the best,

Customer Standing Committee (CSC) Meeting 13
17 August 2017 @ 20:00 – 21:30 UTC

1.      Welcome and Introduction

2.      Action items (only report on open items)

Action 12 2017 01              Elise G going forward PTI reports should be based on new methodology. Agreed to start with update June PTI report (Completed)
Action 12 2017 02              Bart come up with scenario's for SLE change procedure
Action 12 2017 03              James, Byron and Bart to work on logistics for ccNSO and GNSO Council approval of changes to SLE
Action 12 2017 04              Elaine to circulate to CSC proposed changes to CSC charter (Completed)
Action 12 2017 05              Byron to put forward sketch of first year annual reporting framework (August meeting) to present to community in Abu Dhabi

3.      PTI Performance July 2017

a. PTI report to CSC
b. CSC report

4.      Update from Remedial Action Procedures Working Group

5.      Update on Procedure for SLA Amendment
6.      Update on CSC Charter Review
a.      Confirm of charter adoption
b.      CSC review of its charter

7.      ICANN60 Abu Dhabi (28 October - 3 November)

a.      Outline Annual Update/Report (action 05, see above)
b.      Proposed Meetings schedule
c.       Outline Presentations: What needs to be included?

                                                  i.    Topics

                                                ii.    Full-deck and Summary deck?

8.      AOB
9.      Adjourn

Novartis Ireland Ltd.
Registered No. 11931, Ireland.
Registered Office: The Vista Building, Elm Park Business Park, Merrion Road, Dublin 4. DO4 A9N6, Ireland.

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/icann-csc/attachments/20170810/9c8a69f6/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the ICANN-CSC mailing list