[ICANN-CSC] [Ext] RE: Agenda: CSC Meeting 13, 17 August, 20:00-21:30 UTC

Elise Gerich elise.gerich at iana.org
Thu Aug 10 19:49:02 UTC 2017

Allan – Sorry to have you scratching your head.  I was looking to have consistency with the Naming Functions Contract.  In the Naming Functions Contract in Section 8.1 (a) it says:

“If the Complaint is not so resolved, the Complainant may escalate the matter in writing to Contractor’s management team, in which case Contractor shall notify the CSC. “

My reading of the sequence envisioned by the Naming Functions Contract is slightly different than what you wrote and the difference is in step 1.  It would be: 1) the complainant escalates to Contrator’s management and the CSC is notified; and then 2) if the escalation is found to represent a persistent performance issue, then 3) the CSC may invoke the Remedial Action Procedures.

Hope that clarifies the reason for the suggestion.

Thanks,

--Elise