[ICANN-CSC] [Ext] VS: [GAC] Briefing - CSC work and evaluation of PTI

Elise Gerich elise.gerich at iana.org
Wed Feb 22 01:40:56 UTC 2017

Dear Elise,

If I understand the question in the thread, Mr. Ahkuputra would like to know what is meant by “aspirational target”.  In PTI’s October 2016 Monthly report to the CSC, we noted that the primary cause for the exception to the SLA of 60 days for processing a ccTLD delegation was an “aspirational target”.

The 60 day service level target which was established by the CWG’s Design Team A was chosen after it had reviewed data for previous ccTLD delegations. The data related to processing ccTLD delegations was in the hundreds of days for processing and the Design Team decided to set a tighter SLA acknowledging that it might not be achievable.  If the SLA proved to be too tight and unrealistic, it was acknowledged that the SLA would be revisited at some time in the future.  Since this SLA for “Staff Processing; Validation and Review; ccTLD creation/transfer” was set at a level that does not reflect the trending data for processing ccTLD delegations, we noted that the cause of missing the SLA was that the target was something to strive to attain, but might not be achievable – an aspirational target.

I hope that answers Mr. Ahkuputra’s question.  And do enjoy your time skiing!

Kind regards,

  --Elise

Elise Gerich

President | PTI