[ICANN-CSC] IANA Naming Function Escalation Report

Jay Daley jay at nzrs.net.nz
Wed Nov 22 20:32:15 UTC 2017

Hi Naella

Is it fair to describe this as an email from an "individual" when he claims, with strong evidence to support this claim, that he is writing on behalf of an organisation with close to 10,000 supporters?  As he states in one of his letters:

"NasaDomena.sk has a significant range of supporters. A petition was signed by almost 10,000 people, a number increasing everyday. Initiative also includes 19 web-hosting companies, 13 of TOP 15 .SK registrars, maintaining more than 73% of all registered .SK domains. This initiative is also backed by major Internet service providers and telecommunication companies, as well as popular non-profit organizations."

For the avoidance of doubt, my point above is not questioning the response to him, merely the characterisation which implies that he is acting alone and without the strong community support that he appears to have.

kind regards
Jay