[ICANN-CSC] [Ext] Re: IANA Naming Function Escalation Report

Naela Sarras naela.sarras at iana.org
Tue Nov 28 16:10:50 UTC 2017

Dear Jay,

Sorry for the late reply, I was on Thanksgiving break.

Thank you for pointing out that we neglected to state in the escalation report that PTI had received communications from an individual representing NasaDomena.sk, a local community group.  This oversight was inadvertent.

As stated in the report, the communications spanned several months. Initially, the complainant introduced himself as a citizen of the Slovak Republic living in the United States who runs a small hosting company and explained his dissatisfaction with the .SK changes.  Our suggestion at that point was for him to work with the local community to resolve these issues. Later on, the communications stated that he is speaking on behalf of the community and pointed out that the Slovak community reestablished an Association of Webhosting Providers made up of major hosting providers and registrars that’s working toward the .SK changes issue.

You are correct in stating that when the topic was escalated in a letter to ICANN and an email to ICANN’s Global Stakeholder Engagement representative, the complainant wrote on behalf of a local community group. I apologize that the escalation report did not recognize the individual was acting as a representative of a local community group.

Best regards,
Naela