[ICANN-CSC] Moving Forward with the Remedial Action Procedures

Allan MacGillivray allan.macgillivray at cira.ca
Wed Sep 20 14:51:34 UTC 2017

We didn't get a chance to discuss where we stand with the RAPs at the last CSC meeting.  Consequently, I thought that I might provide an update now and suggest how we could move forward, hopefully in anticipation of a discussion at our next meeting.
The Working Group has met twice and a draft of the RAPs has been circulated to them.  The main elements of the proposed RAPs are set out below

  1.  After the CSC finds that a performance issue exists, it will request PTI to develop a Corrective Action Plan to address the issue
  2.  The CSC can escalate the issue to the next level where PTI fails to provide the Corrective Action Plan, fails to respect any of the milestones in that plan or to provide an update on progress, as required in the plan
  3.  The three levels of escalation would be:
     *   PTI Board
     *   ICANN CEO
     *   ICANN Board

I am attaching the latest draft of the RAPs which reflects all of the comments received from the Working Group.  Should anyone else have any comments or suggestion on these, please let us know.  My understanding is that the PTI Board may wish to have ICANN Legal review the draft before the PTI Board considers it.  Recognizing that this could result in changes to the draft, I will be proposing to the CSC that it defer its final consideration of these until ICANN Legal has completed its review.  Perhaps Bart or Trang could reach out to Sam Eisner to determine where they stand on this and let the CSC know at our next meeting.
Allan